||yellow squash, sliced|
||tomatoes, sliced, 1/4 inch thick|
||onions, halved, sliced lengthwise|
||freshly ground black pepper|
||garlic cloves, minced|
||fresh thyme, minced|
||fresh basil leaf|
- Preheat oven to 400; grease a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Toss zucchini and squash slices with 1 teaspoon salt in large bowl; transfer to colander and set in sink to drain.
- Let stand 45 minutes.
- Press slices between paper towels or clean kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place tomato slices on paper towels and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 30 minutes. Press slices with another layer of paper towels (gently) to remove excess moisture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are dark golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine garlic, 3 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
- In large bowl, toss zucchini and squash with half of oil mixture, then place in dish.
- Top squashes with onions.
- Brush remaining oil mixture on tomatoes, then arrange them nicely over the onions.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon oil, Parmesan, and shallots.
- Remove baking dish from oven and increase heat to 450.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the tomatoes. Bake 10 minutes - until top is golden.
- Top with freshly chopped basil.
Prep Time: 1:00
Cook Time: 1:00
Skill Level: Difficult
Unsaturated Fat: 20.02g
Meal Planning in 3 Simple Steps
1Each week we give you a list of entire meals to select
from that match your taste
and time preferences. You simply select which meals you're in the mood for, and
how many you want. You can do this for dinners, lunches and breakfasts.
2 If necessary, you can tweak your plan by adding/deleting
items, recipes, and snacks; changing serving sizes (for guests or missing family
members, etc.). You can also build meals and menus from scratch (which are archived
3Print your plan. We create a printable plan including
a shopping list (you can add/delete items), all of the plan recipes, and the menu
for you to follow. The menu also shows
the overall servings for your family needs.
Your FREE TRIAL Includes...
Two (2) FREE Custom Meal Plans (includes: menu, shopping list,
days at NO CHARGE
Plus, receive our AD-FREE MealMixer Magazine filled with health,
kitchen, cooking, recipe, diet, meal and menu tips emailed to you FREE
for as long as you choose to receive it.
More Thyme: 1. more flavorful meals 2. a longer life through better
nutrition 3. more time for other important things in your life.
Copyright 1998-2009, More Thyme, LLC. All Rights Reserved